1. My current camera bag doesn't work very well for me and my shooting style - and basically a pain:
- It’s a funky shape that doesn’t make getting to gear easy on the fly – at least the amount of gear I want to store.
- The material didn’t hold up that well in the weather
- The strap design doesn’t fit my shoulders well
I have ordered a new heaveier duty bag and will review it if I like it in the future.
2. Don't forget to bring a lens cloth. I was constantly having to wipe the front of my lenses off and had to use my shirt-sleeve as a backup.
3. It's fun to shoot scenes with different approaches - I shot my 5D Mark II for most of the night but on my way back to my car I shot a few scenes with my iPhone and instagram and two of the images are among my favorites from the event!
4. Next time I will make sure to introduce myself to more people and socialize more - I was feeling a bit under the weather and was a bit of a anti-social during most of the evening. I definitely will need to talk to more people next time!
The photo walk was a great excuse to get out and photograph. It forced me to work a bit out of my comfort zone with the weather and the path being partially pre-chosen (I deviated a bit) at a few spots but for the most part followed it.Here's a some of images from the event: